Social networking sites reverberate up with new traits in the respective platforms to keep the interest of the people constant. It can be a difficult task to cope up with the change of every minute feature of these social media platforms, especially if no big announcements are made regarding implementation of the changes and updates.
For example, were you aware that you can reorder the sections of your Facebook business page? It has already been made viable to insert a Slide Share presentation directly into a tweet.
These are all features that have been introduced, and we are sure you were not aware of them. There are variety of things that your favourite social networking sites can do which have been forgotten and fallen off the tracks.
Different social media platforms have their different social media hacks, we have targeted the following platforms which include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest which have various hacks mentioned below accordingly:
1. Create Polls in a Facebook Event or Group: Although Facebook has removed the poll feature of status updates which were applicable on any business page, you can still try out with the polls in groups or in events. All an individual has to do is to select the ‘Ask a Question‘ tab followed by ‘Add poll‘ option.
2. In Facebook, Save Your Links for Later Reading: You can now bookmark your favourite articles and read them later at any time of the day.
3. Find Targeted Conversion: This is quite an easy one and you can actually find targeted keywords on Facebook as the search bar in Facebook not only function for searching names, people, events.
4. Edit Photos Using Facebook Mobile App: It is now possible to edit your photos using the Facebook mobile app. You can also enhance your pictures by applying the filter, crop and rotate options.
1. Find Out which Follower unfollowed You on Twitter: Using unfollowers.com, you can monitor who unfollowed your account on Twitter.
2. Use GIFs with an Auto play Functionality: Posting a GIF on Twitter by default will not be auto played in your follower’s feeds. It can only be done after you have pinned your tweet on the top of your twitter feed.
3. Get Free Analytics of Your Tweets: Twitter has this brilliant feature of analysing data for free. You can analyse timeline activities, engagement, link, followers, favourites, and even replies.
4. Hashtag Research & Analysis: Using Topsy.com, you can also research hashtags. You can see how often they are used over time, whether people are using certain hashtags and so much more.
5. Tag People in Pictures: Like the way it’s been perfectly working well on Facebook and Instagram, you can also tag photos on Twitter. Once your picture has been uploaded, you can tag up to 10 people by just clicking on your photo.
6. Create Picture Collages: Twitter creates a photo collage for you if you upload more than four pictures. This amazing feature is available on both desktop and mobile app of Twitter.
1. Add Secret Relationship Notes: This is one of the coolest things that LinkedIn has. You can add secret notes for any connections you have in LinkedIn.
2. Add Media Files on Your LinkedIn Profile: You can insert documents, links, audio effects, and images in your profile. You just have to click the ‘Edit Profile‘ option and search for any item of your choice.
3. Save Jobs: If you are seeking for jobs in LinkedIn, it will take only one sign in session. You can save a search for any job you find is useful.
4. Create Your Own Page: You can create your own pages when you want to advertise any specific products or services that your company is offering.
1. Use Links that Can be Tracked Without Being Spammed: Pinterest tends to block shortened links. Pinterest allows you to post links without shortening it.
2. See Who are Pinning from Your Site: You can check users those who are pinning from your site by copying this link on the address bar: http://www.pinterest.com/source/yourwebsite.com/. Change ‘your website’ to your specific website address and then press Enter.
These social media hacks to Dominate Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day. But social media is an important machine to fatten your company and personal brand. Not only that, but it’s a great platform to promote your content. And if you arrest and interact with your followers, you can increase your traffic fast there.
Contributed by: Vidhi Mishra